* 2017 Hudson Valley Cemetery Regional Conference – Changing the face of the death care industry.
Changing the face of the death care industry. What does this mean to both cemeteries and funeral homes & how will they both succeed with more millennial’s and future generations? This will be a new Regional Cemetery Conference format that will be focused on both cemeteries & funeral directors, while generating ideas on how to work together as an entire industry to ensure the growth for organizations of all sizes.
IBEW Local Union 363
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
67 Commerce Drive S, Harriman, NY 10926
Tel: (845) 634-4601
*3 CEU Credits will be available during the afternoon portion of the event for all New York State Funeral Directors that attend this event.
* 2017 Annual Public Affairs Seminar (Spring Governmental Affairs Seminar)
40th Annual Public Affairs Seminar
Monday, May 8, 2017 – Tuesday, May 9, 2017
40 Lodge St, Albany, NY 12207
Tel: (518) 462-6611
* Further details & a registration form for this Seminar will be sent via email and mail in the upcoming weeks. Please continue to view the NYSAC social media pages and this website for updated information.
* 2017 Annual Fall Conference
89th Annual Fall Conference
Saturday, September 16, 2017 – Tuesday, September 19, 2017
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
60 Lake St, Cooperstown, NY 13326
Tel: (607) 547-9931
* Further details & a registration form for the Annual Fall Conference will be sent via email and mail in the upcoming months. Please continue to view the NYSAC social media pages and this website for updated information.
2017 NYSAC & CANA Joint Crematory Operations Certification Program
For the third year both CANA and NYSAC will be providing the COCP in New York State. Following a rigorous review in 2013, the New York State Division of Cemeteries approved the NYSAC/CANA application pursuant to 19 NYCRR § 204.3. New York State law now requires crematory operators to be certified.
NYSAC Executive Director Daniel Hallenbeck said, “NYSAC and CANA look forward to another successful and partnership, which will continue to be the most comprehensive cremation certification course available in New York State and arguably the world.”
There will be multiple programs throughout the year 2017, since this is a large number of certification five year renewals. The joint program will provide multiple certification program locations throughout numerous regions in New York State. These dates and locations will be announced and posted at a later date.